eTargetMedia, a leading provider of mailing lists, display ads, mailing lists, data attachments, and creative solutions, has released its Email Marketing Trends and Statistics Report – The State of Email Marketing Reports to help marketing professionals digital marketing to learn the power of email marketing knowledge. Email marketing has consistently generated the highest return on investment (ROI) of all digital marketing channels, with an average ROI of 45 to 1. Email is also the most effective way to reach customers who choose to break up to receive special offers, news, and current products. In the report, eTargetMedia shares the key statistics and trends shaping the industry today.
Key statistics and trends in the report:
- Email Marketing Growth: Email volume has tripled since early 2020, but engagement remains high, leading to global email marketing revenue projections of $8.49 billion world at the end of 2021 and $17.9 billion in 2027.
- The use of email is on the rise – email is one of the most used digital tools for communication and marketing. More than 319 billion emails are sent and received every day around the world. The penetration of email usage in the United States is 90.3%.
- Email delivers the highest ROI – Email generates an average ROI of $45 for every dollar spent, higher than any other channel.
- Best Marketing Channel for Effectiveness: Email tops the list of the most effective marketing channels (outperforming paid search, organic search, social media, direct mail, and TV/video ads).
- Consumers want to share behavioral data: 90% of consumers want to share their behavioral data with brands if it means a cheaper and easier shopping experience.
“Consumers are more engaged with email than with other media,” said Harris Kreichman, managing partner of eTargetMedia. “Over 58% of consumers say email is the first check of the day, proving that email has more power than any other digital or marketing channel. Email marketing is essential and critical to business success.”